Launch of European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA)
The European Commission has launched a new executive agency, the European Health and Digital Agency (HaDEA) which is expected to manage a budget of over €20 billion over the 7 year period of the 2021-2027 Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF).
Among its remit is the management of the following programmes:
- EU4Health programme;
- Horizon Europe: Pillar II, Cluster 1: Health;
- Horizon Europe: Pillar II, cluster 4: Digital, Industry and Space;
- Single Market Programme: Food safety: health for humans, animals and plants along the food chain and better training for safer food;
- Digital Europe Programme;
- Connecting Europe Facility: Digital.
The launch of this agency is driven by the ambition to rebuild a post-COVID-19 EU which will be greener, more digital, more resilient and better fit for the current and forthcoming challenges.